Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Camper

I've always loved camping.  I have found memories of camping with my family when I was little.  I loved girls camp as a youth.  I had the best leaders. Vivian took care of all bug problems especially spiders.  Marge, who we lovingly called Marge the Sarge took us every year.  We backpacked in, dug biffies and fire pits, learned to start fires without matches and even went sledding one year on garbage bags.  As a mom I took my three boys and went camping.  They were so well behaved and true campers.  We had fun pitching our tent, making s'mores, and hiking.  So imagine my delight when Julie and Eric came up with their S'more line.
I love simply love it!  The cars pulling trailers is classic.  The owls, fish and leaves remind me of all my fun memories camping.  The colors are vivid; orange, green, yellow, turquoise, and brown.   They will make great camping quilts, or if your like my hubby and DD a cabin.

7 comments:

  1. I am just finishing up a quilt with it that will be published in August. I absolutely love it!!! So fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cabins, electricity and indoor plumbing. ADORABLE fabric and I LOVE s'mores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every line they design...this one included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling fabric line! My mom was my Camp Fire leader and I went to camp every summer for 10 years. As a family we camped (in a tent, though) in virtually every campground on the Washington and Oregon coast. When my son was taking a required Washington state history class in 9th grade many years later, the teacher asked the class how many had ever visited a state or national park. My son and one other kid raised their hands. Both were Boy Scouts. Sad that camping is not as popular as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric! I a;ways loved camping too. We went every summer to camp in the wilderness of Algonquin Park. We usually portaged to inland lakes and camped in wilderness campsites. A wooden box over a hole in the ground served as our toilet. We had to hang our food packs in the trees to keep the bears out of our campsites. My kids loved it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just bought a camper trailer today! I may have to make a quilt for the bed in it with this fabric.

    ReplyDelete