Wednesday, January 30, 2013

That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

Do you remember when I was creating my UFO list for this year, that I mentioned that there were a few on it that had made no progress in the last year.  These cookie crumb blocks were one of those projects.  
I think the last time I worked on it was back in 2011.  At least that is when I found this post with some of these blocks on it.  Well, I've finished up the blocks.  Thanks in part to a bee.  Now I'm making some made fabric to use as the setting points around the edge.  I think that is the direction I want to go with it.  I'll see after I get some made and see how they look.  What are your thoughts on it?  Any other suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. I love these blocks! I'm also working on finishing UFOs this year but there are so many new things I want to start! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how this quilt is looking. Sorry I don't have a suggestion for the setting triangles. Colours as opposed to black and white, or perhaps a combination of the three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great idea! I love it...I have a crumby quilt going on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets see if I can write this out so it makes sense...If you take the top row of the quilt and cut those in half..(accross the diagonal).. you will have a straight edge. Then move those cuts t the bottom and fit them in and then do the same on the sides...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea of made fabric for the setting triangles, it will really make the circles pop....its looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfet name for your quilt, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!! That is striking. I love it.

    ReplyDelete