Friday, November 23, 2012

pre-cut friendly x and + tutorial

Here are the blocks I got done at my retreat.  Back in September I cut out my quilt with leftover pieces of layer cakes and jelly rolls.  I had a little interest in a tute for pre-cut friendly x and + block.  
Well, I'm finally getting around to it.  Sorry for the delay.
For each block you will need 
12- 2 1/2" squares of background fabric
2- 2 1/2" squares for the plus
1- 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" rectangle for plus
4- 4 1/2" squares

Take one 4 1/2" square and place a 2 1/2" background in one corner.  Draw a line through your 2 1/2" square.
Sew on the line you drew.  Trim seam allowance.
Press open.
Repeat on opposite corner.

Repeat with remaining 4 1/2" squares.

Take the 2- 2 1/2" plus squares and sew a 2 1/2" background square to it.
Sew a 2 1/2" background square to either end of your 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" rectangle of you plus fabric.
Lay out your block.
Sew pieces together and enjoy your block.  Make a pillow or make more blocks and make a beautiful quilt.


4 comments:

  1. Love your tutorial!! I am always looking for patterns for my stash. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes a great scrap quilt. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the clear instructions! I know it's a lot of work to put together a tutorial, and it's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous quilt -- and you made a tut that people can follow and say, "I CAN do that!" Great job.

    ReplyDelete