Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Look who's cookin' Now

Cookin' at Moda Bake Shop that is.  I baked up this fun zig zag quilt.  I call it Bloomin' Peaks.  It just the right size for a picnic or to snuggle under after a day on the slopes.
And you can make these cute little blocks blocks to turn into coasters for your cocoa.  Just sew two of the  trimmed triangles together, sandwich, quilt and bind.
I got the block made and hope to have the coaster soon.  I apologize for all those here from the Bake Shop looking for the promised project.  I had a friend/neighbor pass away last week and this didn't get done.  If you're here for the first time.  Check out my tutorial page.   It is full of free quilt patterns and quilting tips.  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm off to finish the coasters. I have a little time before the snow flies.  Then I'll be ready for a fun snowy weekend at the lodge.  I can barely wait.  After all winter is my favorite season and cocoa is a  great weakness of mine. 

12 comments:

  1. Came over to see your project but understand the delay. I will browse your tutorials too. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I REALLY like Blooming Peaks! Such a great way to use up scraps! I will be making this one for sure. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em...it is a fabulous quilt. Way to bake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Em!!! This is such a fabulous design. So fresh and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Em! Thanks so much for the Halloween spider webs! I love them and can't wait to get them all! The Bake Shop quilt is beautiful! I love a patchwork zig zag. I'll be shopping for a couple of jelly rolls :)
    Oh! and I became a member of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Em for the featured tutorial!!! It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cute quilt :-) Such a cool way to do it!! Congrats! Snow?? It was the high was 84 here yesterday and I felt chilly. I could use a little snow! Enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt! Did you say 'snow'? I'm not ready for that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I do love it. I do. I do. Of course. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely, and I adore the old-fashioned scrappy feeling of this. Congrats on the tutorial!

    PS. Very sorry to hear of the passing of your friend/neighbor xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this quilt. Really really love it. It is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi emily! I came over from Moda Bake Shop. Love your Bloomin' Peaks recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete