Monday, March 5, 2012

Taking Care of The Necessary Evil

My retreat is in three days.  Weee,  Yippee, I'm giddy with excitement.  So this weekend I took care of the necessary evil, cutting.  I went through all my scrap bins and pulled out all my bright strips and put them in a little box.
So I can work on this project.  I was going to add a scrappy piano key border but have decided to make more spiderweb blocks instead and have no border.

Then I cut all the grey triangles, white sashing and a bunch of green and blue strips.

So I can hopefully finish up the blocks for this quilt.

Lastly I cut up some black scraps to make centers then cut down scraps to 1 1/2" strips so I would be ready to finish up a few more of these pineapple blocks.

So the icky part is out of the way and I'm ready to play! 

5 comments:

  1. You're going to have fun playing with those beauties. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the fun you'll have and blocks you'll make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Spider blocks without a border better too. The pineapples will look awesome. I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You are the superwoman of scrap sewing. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the string quilt. I think you posted this quilt before and I loved it. I couldn't find it when I wanted to reference it, so this time I pinned it.

    ReplyDelete