Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Little Spring Fever

  While cleaning up in my yard this weekend I noticed my daffodils are pushing up through the ground.  A sure sign that things are warming up and winter is on it's way out.  So even though it tried to snow yesterday, I know spring is on it's way. 
   In my 12 x 12 group on of the words is prarie.  With my spring fever in in the air I decided to create a spring time prarie.  I cut and sewed greens and blues together to form my prarie.  Added an outcropping of trees in the distance and a blue sky overhead. 
I tried my hand at some bobbin drawing.  I think I need to work on my tension.  I learned this method from Lisa Brothman last fall.  I wanted to practice a little more before I put it to use on N's eagle quilt.  Lisa is a great teacher and I enjoyed her class immensely.  If you would like to learn this method along with other machine quilting skills she will be teaching them at Quilt Walk this June.  Look me up if you come.  I'd love to meet you in person.

4 comments:

  1. I have done a little bobbin drawing on a table runner and enjoyed the process.

    I really like your mini. I have always loved the landscape quilts done like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of the word "prairie". It looks so fresh and pretty in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bobbin drawing looks great. How wonderful to be trying new techniques.

    ReplyDelete