Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grrrrrr!!!!

Yesterday was a not so good day in my sewing room.  I know life can't be all sunshine and roses even in my sewing room, but wouldn't that be nice.  So after having so much love making with Crazy Love I guess a disaster was bond to happen and it did.  I had sandwiched the quilt I showed you a sneak peak of here.  Sorry I still can't show it.  I was ready to start quilting and immediately my thread kept breaking.  Grrr!  I finally got that problem fixed and thought I was going along just fine.  I had to leave for an appointment with a friend and when I came back I noticed that some of my stitches were loose.  I looked on the back and GRRRRR!!!  The tension was all off.  I had loops and all kinds of mess going on back there.  I didn't take a picture of that.  Don't want to be reminded of that mess.  So I grabbed my seam ripper and did a ton of reverse sewing.  Here is a nice pile of some of the tread I picked out. 
When the mess was taken care of I re threaded my machine and started over again.  Now that is much better.

8 comments:

  1. I had the same problem a few weeks back. Very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un-sewing is hair pulling! Love the scalloped quilting on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...ugh!!!! I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knows why the machines throw a tantrum like that? Sometimes it seems just so spontaneous and mysterious. I change threads, needles, bobbins, clean and oil, use soothing words and generally ok when I start again. But unpicking quilting just seems wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it should always be sunshine and happiness in your sewing room :) Glad you got back on track. I'm honoring you with a Versatile Blog Award for the sunshine and happiness that you give with your happy chemo quilt drive http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I surely do feel your pain! Glad it started working for you properly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least when it's loopy it pulls out easily! ;-) Hope today goes better!;-) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But you are not a quitter! The scallops looks great!

    ReplyDelete