Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Being in a bee brings me so much joy.  From stretching myself to make new blocks and try to methods, to adding to my scrap bins with generous quilters that share the leftovers from the blocks I get to make for them.  And probably the all time best is when you get to be queen and everyone so kindly makes a block for you.  June was my month in A Notion Or Two Bee.  I asked for a block with an appliqued center followed by a scrappy border.  Now I love all the blocks I've received these ones have special meaning. 
This guitar has special meaning.  Valerie found out that my boy play guitar and made it for me.  Little did she know that when my hubby and I were dating he used to play the guitar and sing to me.  So this was the perfect addition to my quilt.
 This sweet bicycle from Tracy reminds me of the fun bike rides I have taken with my hubby and DD.  Another perfect addition to my quilt.
 And this ice cream cone by Michelle captures what my hubby believes is my favorite food.  So of course it's a favorite. 
I have one more block on the way plus mine to make.  (I would make mine if I could remember if mine is suppose to have a green or a white background.  Silly me I forgot.)  But I'm sure to find out soon and then I'll be able to finish this so fun quilt from my lovely bee mates.  Thank you ladies.

7 comments:

  1. great looking blocks! I can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelous - what a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is just wonderful!!! I love the green and the scrappy and the fun motifs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous!!!!! I love the colors and the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad my guitar had a double meaning!!! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really great! I love 'em. Sure glad I took the time to visit.

    ReplyDelete