Thursday, June 30, 2011

Making Mountains out of Mole Hills

When I saw this eagle applique at International Quilt Market this spring, I knew it was just what I needed for N's eagle quilt.  Next he and I went to the fabric shop to buy batiks for the sun.  I had the blues for the sky.  Next I grabbed my brown scrap bin and started piecing the bits together in classic Victoria style, to make a mountain. 
I still have a little more mountain to make.  And then to decide on borders.  Any suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. What a great way to honor someone for recieving their Eagle! Love how it's turning out already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a narrow solid border, but borderless would be awesome too. It looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No suggestions, but I may steal your idea in a year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo... I like Em!
    I'm with Needle Mom's suggestion on this one! 8-)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular - I agree with NM too - either way it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Seems to me your doing fine! Your piecingooks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! This is going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete