Thursday, February 18, 2010

While Watching the Olympics

I hope everyone is having a delightful time watching the Olympics. I know I am enjoying it. The successes of Lindsey Vonn last night was especially touching. Seeing the men's half pipe was amazing and a bit frightening since I know my boys try to do some of that stuff. While watching I am doing a little hand work. Little may be the key word in that phrase. I get so caught up that I forget to stitch. But I have finished binding a quilt for display in a local shop and appliqued these grandmothers garden blocks for Lyn's challenge.
My N has been busy at school. He made this nine patch pillow. I think he did a wonderful job, but I may be a wee bit biased.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. The pillow is wonderful! Something that will be cherished for years to come! I know what you mean about not getting much stitching in while the Olympics are on! Yes, I'm having a great time watching them! I'm a big Lindsey Vonn fan but not Bode Miller. He isn't a good ambassador and representative of his country while over here in Europe. It would be embarrassing but everyone over here pretty much thinks he's a jerk. A jerk that can ski but a jerk none the less

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to have something to hand sew while watching the TV. Just beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your gfg blocks - and the pillow is wonderful
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Olympics have been very good...love your blocks and the cushion is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pillow. Good job N! You're making a lot more headway on your handwork that I am. I actually gave up but I was binding. I kept putting it down and eventually felt it wasn't worth dragging my stuff out into the living room. Besides, the catttsss!!! They see a quilt and they just wont leave me alone! (shouldn't complain. I know)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the flower garden blocks........

    ReplyDelete