Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma

My Grandma had a birthday last week. She turned 89 so we had to celebrate. She choose Golden Coral and a nice man at the table next to us took this picture for us. I feel so blessed to still have my grandma in my life. I look forward to our visits. She is one amazing woman.

On the way to grandma's house I stopped at my Uncle David's Bakery. It's Christmas time and I needed to get some goodies. Here is a giant speculass cookie he let me have. I shared it with my whole family.

I bought these smaller ones to share with grandma, family and friends. Plus I had promised DD a doughnut. So I got one for each of my children.

Then I just had to get a butter letter. I just know Uncle David, and Grandpa before him, make these in a M because I'm their favorite. hee hee

I also got a loaf of stollen. While I was getting this one of David's friends asked why he was advertising stolen goods. Oh they are so funny at the bakery.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of the two of you! Happy birthday to her. Yes, you are so blessed. I wish we could all keep our Grandmas (an have them be perpetually healthy, loving Grandmas. Wouldn't that be nice? I had mine until she was almost 104 and it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed! And so is she. A wonderful happy picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your Grandma!!! She looks great for 89!!!

    What a fancy looking speculass! Ours are never that fancy!!! 8-)

    I'm trying to figure out if your M there has almond paste in it...

    It all looks soooo darn yummy! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Droooool!
    Happy Birthday Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw how sweet Emily. Happy Birthday to her. Those treats look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat is this?! Happy Birthday and grandma and Em, what a special photo to treasure for always but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. And gosh, all these sweets in your own family's bakery? Oh! Be still my heart for sure. I love that M. How could I not dive into that right away. Yummy. The speculass cookie angel is beautiful. I don't know anything about those. How neat!!! I've never had stollen bread but I hear its wonderful. Mmmm... (and they ARE funny at the bakery)

    Ahhh, I loved this post. Very fun and yummy. I am glad there isn't any bread in this house. I might have to imagine if there were... hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks yummy....have a great holiday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Golden Corral! One of the things I miss from UT. Their pot roast and fried chicken is the best!! You grandma looks great for her age! And those bakery goods - I just gained 10 pounds looking at them. Yum! Have a great Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a very nice picture of you and your grandma. Yes, Grandma's are treasures in our lives. Mine turned 91 in December...and still as feisty as ever!

    ReplyDelete