Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm Tired

Does daylight savings do this to anyone else. I am wiped out. In fact today I did something I seldom if ever do. I got everyone off for the day and I went back to bed. I slept for another 2 1/2 hours. I probably would have slept the day away but fortunately my sister, Lori, called. She has agreed to sew muslin blocks that the children have drawn pictures on together for a quilt for her son's class at school. She called to ask my help apparently the blocks are not all square. She has quite a few parallelograms. This is out of her comfort zone. All my sisters know how to sew, Mom made sure of that. I believe she had us all make at least one quilt for what my dad called our hopeless chest. But they were very basic quilts. So I told her just to add borders to all the blocks and then make them square. I told her if she were closer I would help her, that I had plenty of fabric to make all the borders. But 800 miles is a bit of a jont. She'll do a wonderful job though. I am sure.
It probably isn't fair to blame all my tiredness on daylight savings. Though I hate the thing and feel it should be banned. I did sales calls again yesterday. This time I totally forgot my camera. Sorry no pics of all the lovely shops up north. Doing sales calls wears me out. I am a home body and a bit of a nerd. So being out all day and talking with shop owners wears me out physically and emotionally.
I have been sewing the vine on my scrappy improv quilt. And I have made a bunch of yo yo's. I thinking of putting them on the quilt also.

Then for anyone that is interested Strawberry Zing is now on my website.

Hope you all have a great day! Em

15 comments:

  1. ooo I hear you on the tired! Doing sales calls would completely exhaust me. I rather like people, but please small numbers in small doses with lots of quiet me time between! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daylight savings time does wear me out. :( Hope you're feeling more energetic soon. The scrappy quilt is looking fab, by the way! Love the vine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been so tired lately! Although, I think I am starting to adjust. I don't like it dark in the morning any more. I guess I just love the sun. I need lots. The scrap quilt is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Western Australia daylight savings is a very contentious issue. Over the last 20 or so years the people of WA have voted in a referendum to not have it. Then in 2007 the state govt announced we would do a trial of it. This is the third season of the trial and it is due to end soon. Then we will vote again in May or something. Should be interesting.

    Glad you caught up on some sleep. How refreshing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS the people voted 3 times, the most recent being 2005...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, Em.
    I don't like it!
    Our D/saving ends in 2 weeks...This is the third time we have had to trial it...this time for three years and then vote yes/no...
    Love the scrap quilt..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe scrappy quilt turned out realy nice. I'm not fond of Daylight savings time either but now the I am retired the adjustment is easier. I just sleep an hour longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the scrappy quilt is coming together! I am still recovering from daylight savings time, too. The strawberry zing quilt is fabulous. I made a quilt with that line of fabric and it is just so happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We too are very tired here. Hopefully this weekend we can get back on track. Love the scrappy quilt - it's looking so wonderful!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. It totally throws me off to have a sleep schedule change. I've been dragging all week long. It will get better next week - I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hia Em, yes I do know that feeling -going from person to person promoting myself would have me quaking in my boots so I think you are very brave.

    The yo-yos are lovely. I did a quilt a while ago where I made the yo-yos into flowers on a border and used butterfly buttons among them. It looked really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our DST doesn't start until the
    29th of this month but I'm tired anyway...I think it's because we haven't seen the sun...or more than 2 minutes of it...for so many days! The yo-yos are really going to be a great touch on your beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally understand about Day-light Savings. When we gain an hour, Im fine...when we lose an hour...it takes me a good week to catch up!!
    Good on you having a catch up nap, Im hoping to do that tomorrow...work is a bit tiring!!
    Cathyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh I love how your improv quilt is coming along and I also wanted to mention... nothing like a good go-back-to-bed nap. Although I feel better it takes me a few mintues to get over being irritated that times a wastin'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not liking the time change either... It has just about been a week since the change, and I am mostly back to normal with my sleeping... It has been an exhausting adjustment this time though...
    Great quilty works! 8-)

    ReplyDelete