Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fiber Arts and Hearts

There is a fabulous little fiber arts museum in Tillamook Oregon. It is located behind the cheese factory. And while I have been to the cheese factory many times. Ice cream is one of my favorite foods. They have very good ice cream. I just recently found out about this little treasure on my last trip to Oregon. If you want more info you can go here. Below are a few pics of the artist they were displaying at the time I went. Sorry the first one is sideways. I'm coming down with something and don't feel like fixing it. Excuse my laziness. This artist sorry I don't remember her name. Used a lot of texture and 3-D in here quilts. They were lovely. Enjoy the pics!




































And here are a few more hearts finished.


Hope you have a great day!










11 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics and artistry! Love the show and tell. Well I have to say, I think you are certainly ready for Valentine's day! Love your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Portland area has such a wonderful art quilts history. I would love to see the show.

    LOVE your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you are feeling better and that you have a happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics.Gosh there are some talented people out there-including yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fibre art. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore the giraffe! all of the pieces are wodnerful, but the giraffe bring a smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos - I love fiber arts. Thanks for sharing those spectacular examples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the art quilt photos!
    I love the buttons on the plate in your header photot! I just want to reach out and grab some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures of the art quilts - very, very pretty! And you are definitely ready for Valentine's Day - your hearts look great!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. My aunt has lived in Tillamook for years and years - I've been to visit her several times and stopped by the cheese factory too, but I never knew about the fiber arts museum! Now let's just hope I can remember about it by the time I get up there next time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fiber arts were so neat but Em, I stopped and fell in love with the heart hanging on the door. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete