Monday, January 5, 2009

Change, a Blessing

Isn't change a blessing? Just as you get tired of one thing it becomes something else. Like summer to fall, winter to spring. Knowing change happens gives us hope. It's the light at the end of the tunnel, the sunrise after a long night. Well the holidays have ended. The joy of being with family and friends, the parties and feasting on yummy holiday treats have slowed to a crawl if not stopped entirely. It's back to routine, work and responsibility are now taking their turn in our lives.

The Portland cousins have returned to their home in the North. The noise and bustle of 5 teenage boys has dwindled to the hum of the three that reside here. We had a wonderful time together. Tubing, skating, checking out Cabella's sporting goods, and pulling all nighters. The Christmas decor is put away and the kids head back to school today. After a quick clean up I hope to be able to sew. Oh yes!

For Christmas two of my boys got season passes to The Canyons ski resort. So I took them up there for their first time just before the cousins came. I had to sign a waiver saying I know snowboarding is dangerous and will not sue the resort if one of them gets hurt. And while I would have love to be on the slopes with them. Three knee injuries resulting in three knee surgeries makes me hesitant. Does this change make me old or wise? I don't know. But while the boys were enjoying the hill. I played on graph paper with colored pencils. The chicky runner was a result of this. I also worked on this little stitchery.

I hope the changes in your life are bringing you joy. If not I hope the dawn is near and you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

11 comments:

  1. The dust is settling here too. The kids had their 1st day back at school, but a delayed opening due to icy roads. But, I do enjoy some sense of normalcy. I love your little stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very philisophical today Em!! You are right about change though, however, it can also make you uncomfortable and nervous, not that that is bad either I suppose!Enjoy your sewing time today....make sure you mkae time for you!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful stitchery. That's cute as can be! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say you were smart for not partaking in the winter sports. Knee surgeries are not fun.
    Your new little stitchery is as cute as can be. Time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all get old, but we don't all get wise!
    It's as lovely to return to the old routine as it was to leave it for the fun of the holidays. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...change is good....I think it keeps us on our toes and keeps us youthful!.....change...like your header....isn't that new...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, change is as good as a holiday they say!
    But not too big a change, I am a creature of habit!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Em, just popping in to see how you fared on the header...*VBS* It looks wonderful!!! And how you can change it as you desire.
    Yup, a new year full of new fun, quilts, friends and laughter. Big hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Emily - I hate change. Change always means pain. I know that is terrible to feel that way but I do. ugh change is a 4 letter word to me. I honestly don't feel like I know what good change is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely post with a comforting sentiment in closing. :)

    ReplyDelete