Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where did it go?

I have learned so much in the four month I have been blogging. I have enjoyed seeing what each of you are up to. I get so much inspiration. My last couple of quilts: my zig zag, my scrappy strips were inspired by what I had seen in blog land.
Now I'm trying a disappearing nine patch. I took these 5" squares that I had from a nickle exchange my group did a few years ago. I am also trying to use up some of my scraps. They may take over the place is I don't start using them.
Then I sewed them into these simple nine patches.

Now I thought I took a picture of these little guys after after I quartered them. But either gremlins got to my camera or the momnesia is kicking in again. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays who knows. So you'll have to use your imagination. Then I sew these quarters back together and here are those lovely little guys on the design wall. I was kind of worried about my selection of lights but I think it's working. Also has anyone else noticed how time seems to fly when you start blogging. I noticed I am almost to my 100th post, number 95 to be exact. WOW! How did that happen? Where did the time go? Now to celebrate this momentous occasion stay tuned for cake and ice cream. Now what did you expect from someone with a bakery in the family? Have a great day! And thanks for spending a moment of your precious time with me. I do appreciate it.

15 comments:

  1. It is looking great! I love disappearing nine patch quilts and have been slightly obsessed with them as of late. Glad to see others joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think it definitely is working! Those disappearing 9 patches can be tricky, but yours still has good contrast and overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice o have you come by my blog.
    All these talented quilters...Ahhh I can hardley sew a stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like everybody is doing disappearing nine patches these days. I guess I'll have to get on the bandwagon soon. Yours is turning out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how your colour selection worked up in the D9P -- the red really "pops" and changes the whole feel -- I did the same layout but my centers matched the four corners and wow what a different effect....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on approaching 100. Your disappearing 9 patch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the quilt looks great:) Where does the time go. I just started blogging not to long ago and love all the nice people I have met:) keep up the great job. i love coming over to visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great quilt! This is such a great pattern and so scrap friendly! I have some squares ready to go once I'm up to sewing again. 95 posts in four months is great!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never done a disappearing nine patch but it looks like fun! I have been going down through some of you latest posts and WOW you have some nice things that you have designed! Good job! I have some Christmas things that I am trying to finish up and a Texas Star quilt that needs binding from two years ago!!! Isn't that pathetic!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. We call that a 9-to-4 block around here and they sure are fun to make. Our club made five of them, I think, and sent them in for the Quilts of Valor project. We used red/white/blue fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen this disappearing nine patch and thought it would be such fun to try it. You colors are definitely "working."

    Yes, blogging does make the time fly, but isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well now, this is fun to watch come together with the fabrics you have. I like it!!!! ...and I'm honored to spend some time with you (for the record).

    I'm just sayin' Love, *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it looks great! Love the patriotic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Disappearing 9-Patch is looking good to me!!! I love that pattern! So easy... 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your disappearing nine! It looks so great :)

    ReplyDelete