Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Unexplained cleanliness

It's not the New Year so no need for resolutions of organization yet. In my little part of the world it is anything but spring so spring cleaning is out. But for some unexplained reason I came home from the Quilt Guild Christmas party enlisted my children to clean up their trails of belongings casually dropped as they came in the front door. I started the wash and as I turned to leave the washer I saw the whirl wind my sewing area had become in all my elfing. So while my kiddies cleaned up and the washer did it's job, I started on the whirl wind that was my sewing room. Since my cutting table was full of Christmas fabric from making 40 of these for party favors at the Christmas party. I started there.It now looks like this. Can you see the Christmas in the little drawer on top there. The other drawers there are full of 2" and 1" squares and one has half square triangles waiting for me to do some mindless sewing. I didn't want to clean off the table and just move the mess somewhere else. Something my mom often got after me for doing. So I started on the bins of fabric. Bins that if you remember looked like this. Well not any more. They are nice and neat. Each little fabric pokes it's little head out for me to see. Such a lovely sight. Here are the pinks, oranges, and rustsAnd all my homespuns and purples.
There is not a single fabric out of place at the moment. I can't tell you how good this feels. Now as soon as all the presents are wrapped and the baking is done I'm going to let the creative juices flow and create in my clean sewing room.

20 comments:

  1. I know how good that feels. Ahhh the sweet smell of organization. Now you can really get down to some serious sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job...will you consider coming to do mine as well?

    I can not wait to see what you'll be working on next.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks great! I like to work in a clean space, but you have to have some mess while you're working. I usually have more than 'some'...! Those houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the mood for cleaning and organizing but I know this is not the time...two days before Christmas. However, the day after Christmas my husband will be going to the deer camp for a few days and I'm already eyeing those closets. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Em - I know what a lovely feeling that is - now you will be able to sew to your hearts content after Christmas! Hate to tell you, though, little gremlins get into the fabric boxes over time and mess them all up again!
    Happy Chritmas - hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Em, that's like an early Christmas present for yourself! How lovely. And 40 little houses, impressive. Relax and enjoy your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little houses are adorable. You are ready for the new year to begin already! Wow, good going. Wish I could report the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. clean spaces can do wonders for the creative juices! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy it while it lasts. Merry Christmas Em

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a wonderful feeling at this special time of year. It will free your head space up for all sorts of new ideas and colours for the New Year.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! Is there anything more inspiring than an organized studio? Well done. You'll be so glad when you get time to sew that you don't have to start by cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It always feels so good to have a clean space to work in. I love the ornaments! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much do you charge? I could use some help over at my place :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to enlist you to come do my sewing room! Yours looks nice and neat now. When I am creating in mine, it becomes a total mess but oh so fun to play in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing like a clean 'work area'.......Let the NEW YEAR creativity begin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, you have fun now. I had hoped to have some time in my sewing room too, but life just keeps getting in the way. Hope you have a wonderful and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow is that clean - I'm still working on mine! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha ha I had to laugh. I call that a "cleaning frenzy". Not really a BAD thing...except I usually get them at 1am!! ha ha Looks good. Don't even try to keep it that way....another frenzy will come when you need it. In the mean time....enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i need to do this too. i have a little something for you on my blog. drop on by when you have a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I am having a "blocK" in creativity all I need to do is clean my sewing room - and it helps.

    ReplyDelete