Friday, December 5, 2008

Lovely Lyn to the Rescue

Today did not start out to be the best of days. DD informed me just before it was time to go to school that she needed a picture of her with her pet. Nice---not. I am not a picture taker, in fact prior to blogging I seldom if ever used my camera. So I needed to take a picture to make this happen. Now our beloved dog, Belle, is old. She turned 13 this past September. She is slow and cold mornings do not help this. So trying to get her to come get her picture taken was not easy. She wanted to stay on the carpet down in the basement not come up on the tile where there was light for the picture. We barely got the picture taken in time to go to school.
It was late start today for A and J. For some reason A has a harder time being ready on time when it is a late start than when he has to be there early. So he missed his ride and I had to take him to school. GRRRRR!
I came home and my day turned around. Lyn informed me that she had awarded me this lovely award. Thanks Lynn. Very nice of you. I'm to award this to 5 other bloggers. Not an easy task. You are all so creative. So I will award it to all my faithful followers. I know this is more than 5 but I want to thanks for supporting me. I enjoy your comments and visiting your blogs. Here are the rules:1. The rules are to place the logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 people and link back to their blog.
4. Leave a message on the nominee's blog.
If you don't have time with all the Holiday Season is throwing at you don't worry about it. But know I think you are great!

Not only did Lyn award me this lovely award this package arrived from her today. Boy when Lyn saves the day she saves it BIG!

Wrapped in this pretty paper was this; scissors, pincushion, and patterns

Pretty green fabric, my favorite color and chop sticks

More scissors, matching needle holder, pincushion, and holder for said scissors.
All very beautiful Thanks Lyn
You made my day!



15 comments:

  1. Em, what a lovely package! Lyn is a very kind soul. And the kids, well they sure keep you on your toes, don't they? Nothing like the last minute. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...my gosh...what a lovely package from Lyn... she has been an angel to pick that out for you!!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! You must feel like Christmas has come early with the lovely goodies from Lyn!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award. It's so nice to be appreciated by your peers. And what a lovely surprise package! Lyn must have had a lot of fun picking all that out for you, and so much fun for you unwrapping the treasures.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's a great package and a great way to turn a bad day around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow....looks like you made a "haul"....goody bags will sure turn your day around in a hurry!! three cheers for lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so great when something like that happens to turn your day around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award! So glad your day got turned around :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful package! After a morning like that, you really deserved a package like that to brighten the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Em, I am very happy that what I did for you turned your day around.I had a lot of fun putting the package together for you, Terry and Mary Grace.Since I started blogging I have met some truly wonderful, caring friends.From a young age, I always wanted a pen friend,but, my parents had little means.Blogging has opened up a whole new world for all us, now we have friends all around the world, who stop and take the time to comment/read your posts and have a like minded interest that you can share..Makes my day to read a comment on my site.Hugs Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely presents.... always a good day picker upper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely friend . Congrats on your award .
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lot of lovely things Lyn has given you!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely bunch of goodies Em! Lyn has spoiled you silly, but made your day much brighter! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what nice stuff! Lucky you - it couldn't go to a better gal.

    ReplyDelete