Thursday, November 13, 2008

Zig Zag and Click Clack

Zip zip zip through the machine and look what we have... A zig zaggy rainbow on the pathetic design wall. Joyce gave me a good idea on how to remedy this, the design wall. My goal is to do it in the new year. Would love to do it now but realistically know it will not happen.
Added a black border.
Now I'm cutting more hst for another border. Not quite sure how this one will come together. I have several ideas floating around in my head. Oh what fun floating ideas are! Can't wait to see which one lands and sticks.I also finally took down the Halloween quilt that was hanging here. Not bad Halloween is not even two weeks past. Thought my Underground Railroad would look nice here. It's a bit bigger than the rack. So it hangs away from the wall because the pegs that hold the bar are in the way. I tried to tack it up but the end that I have to dangle over the stairs to tack is not cooperating. You can see the painters tape in the left hand corner. I've got to figure something out. Maybe a floating idea will present itself here also. Here's hoping.
Thanks for stopping by and always have a great day!



21 comments:

  1. Your zigag quilt is looking great! I love those bright fabrics against the black. The civil war quilt is also very pretty.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zig zag has turned out great! I really, really like it. Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely having you come by.
    My Sister is a quliter too she'd love your blog.
    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The zig zag is coming along just terrific. I love the brights against the black. It really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your zig zag quilt is successful so far - can't wait to see what those half square triangles do next - rascally little fellas, aren't they?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi thanks for stopping by my blog now I get to see your work , beautiful , Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. The zig zag is just terrific. I love the brights against the black. It really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way this quilt is coming together it is Great.!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing how speedy you're being with that zig zag.... Have you thought of cafe curtain hoos for the quilt hanging? I picked mine up at rona -- they're a ring with a clip on it -- the rod goes through the ring, and presto easy to switch out quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zigzag looking good!
    Love your sampler quilt!
    What is this display wall plan that Joyce gave you? Hmmmm?
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your zigzag quilt. Have you a pattern for it?? You have done a great job. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your zig-zagging has paid off - looks wonderful!
    Hugs - lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The zig zag top is great and the black frames it nicely. Another type of quilt to add to the list to make someday soon...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your batik zig zags. Especially with that black border. Striking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The black border is perfect for setting off teh bright colors of the zig zag. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You zigzag is a happy looking quilt and I am axious to see the next border. I love your red walls - color is always great! Yours is the first undergroud railroad quilt that I have actually seen completed and it is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the zig zag is coming together so nicely...love the black! great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The zig zags are awesome!! Love the colors. It looks so good:) Have been thinking of making one of these lately myself. I should get onto that...and the million other things on my list...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my I love the zigzag and i'm interest to see what you do with the Design Wall, too as I'm in a similar boat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Em, such a contrast with the quilts you have made. I like the idea of the Undergroung Railway Quilt. Black is such a great colour with brights. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete