Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Returning Home

It's early out all week for the elementary kids. So I had DD, her friend and her friend's brother yesterday afternoon. Her friend's mother doesn't get home until later and I told her I could watch them. This really helps me because it keeps DD entertained and I can still get a few things done. They had a grand time at the piano. I wished I had earplugs after about five minutes of Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater play in rounds at various octaves. But I was able to put a border on the fans and hst. I swear I had more navy. But search, dig and rummage as I might through the blue bin of fabric it was not to be found. So once again I have a smaller border than I would like. But with Christmas fast approaching and many Christmas gifts to be sewn I had to make due. Look what arrived this morning. Back from their trip to Houston. Hippie Trails and
Harvest Sky. Oh the tales these quilts could tell. I'm sure they had a grand time. Seeing all that is new and exciting in the quilt world. I'm so happy to have them back. I'm sure J is too. As Harvest Sky usually resides on his bed.
Hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for stopping by. And as always Have a Great Day!






16 comments:

  1. It's great to have music in the house! Lovely picture. So are the quilts, I don't think i could mis them for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em it looks fine with that width border!! Well Done!! CAthy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the picture of the kids at the piano. The quilts are so pretty. I really like the Hippy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely. And so are your children. Love that Hippie trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool what you ended up doing with your fans. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt, especially the one with the stars.
    Huston, wow I would love to go there and see the quiltshow. And maybe by a fabric or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the quilt pictures - they sure do look great. How nice that you could help your neighbor out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily - Your dresden plate quilt turned out AWESOME! I love it! Good job.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute photo of kids learning and enjoying the music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all your quilts are so great. i have a question if you have time...i'm making a dresden plate block (just one). i have it pieced, but i'm a bit stuck where to go next. any hints for how to applique it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Em, love the colours in the Fans Quilt.Always wanted a piano?Thanks for the pics of the quilts. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. FUN getting your quilts back. I love Hippie Trails and also your new top hanging on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dresden plate with the hsts! I am glad your lovely quilts made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quilting on Hippy Trails is lovely and I haven't seen Harvest Sky before - or at least not that I recall. I love it. All those plaids. Yummy.

    So inspiring to see you working with the HST's and the Fans. I love how you create! So talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh the tinkling of the piano keys! At least it wasn't loud shooting noises from video games =)
    Love your hst and dresden quilt, it turned out awesome!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your plaid star quilt .... this would be a great way to use up my plaid stash (well ... some of it)!

    ReplyDelete