Friday, October 3, 2008

Stitched in Love

Thanks to all of you who helped with suggestions with how to quilt the Family Reunion Quilt. I finally finished the quilting today. I went with clouds in the sky.Waves in the lake. Sorry they don't show up so well in this photo. Random waviness (is that a word?) in the sand.
Swirls in the Dutchman's Puzzle. And hearts in the cabin.
I can't believe that it is almost finished. I've only been working on it for over three years now. Here it is all quilted Now I can start working on the Christmas Cottages. I'm a little behind. I love all the cottages I have been seeing out there in blog land. I am soooo excited for this exchange. You ladies are all so talented.





14 comments:

  1. you did a great job with the quilting. I love the shape of your waves, look just right for jumping over at the beach :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of quilting the quilt! Good for you!
    Lovely quilt for the reunion! Love the boarder! Will it be raffled off at the reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - what a gorgeous and fun quilt! if looks fantastic! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I just found your post of the quilt in the making...Plus I didn't see the year on the quilt the first view... Now I see, it's a keepsake of the reunion.
    A friend of mine makes a quilt every other year to raffle off at their big family reunion. The funds raised go towards the next family reunion event, and fabric for another quilt to raffle...
    Happy stitchings! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful. The quilting is amazing!

    Best regards,
    Darilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. great quilting emily! you must be feeling pretty happy about this! wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. emily this is truly a work of art and a family heirloom. Beautiful is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking fabulous Em! Keep up the good work getting it all quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Em, finally caught up with reading your posts.Sounds like you had a good time with your gran.I think sometimes these ladies put us to shame.My mom is one incredible lady.You have done a lovely job on quilting the reunion quilt.I guess each quilt we make part of us are in that quilt.But, I see you are moving onto your cottage quilt.Look forward to seeing what you come up with. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a masterpiece. what a wonderful family heirloom! I like the quilting you did in the flying dutchman squares.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful quilt and I love how you put different quilting in the blocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilting! I love the way the clouds look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the border you made for your family reunion quilt. In fact, I really like the whole quilt very much.

    ReplyDelete