Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Year's Challenge

Well I'm halfway to meeting Finn's New Year's Challenge. I have finished Hippie Trails, my mini quilt, and The Family Reunion quilt. This has been a great motivator for me. Thanks for having this wonderful brain child Finn.


My sister was over the other day and I was asking here what she wanted for Christmas. She and her hubby have a sweet little baby and I was asking if she would like a night out for Christmas. You know get a gift certificate to their favorite resturaunt and watch the sweet baby while so they can have some alone time. She said that would be nice but she was thinking of a quilt for sweet baby. So I thought this one might be fun.I made this for a class I taught a while back. I had to have a sample and my two that were done were in other shops. So I quickly threw this together. It just needs boarders and quilting. Totally doable and will kill two birds with one stone. A Christmas present for my dear sister and an other finish for Finn's Challenge. Yippee!!!

17 comments:

  1. That's an adorable start to a baby quilt! Very nice... 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern that has come out in the blocks! Looks great - she will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt. I've never seen that pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pattern! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great baby quilt - the bright colors are perfect! I'm sure she'll love it!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well doggoneit, for some reason your posts are not showing up in my bloglines. I dropped by today unannounced and find you have made several posts that I had not seen. Congratulations on finishing your reunion quilt!

    I love the run-a-way pumpkin, must have been going in search of the Great Pumpkin that Charlie Brown was always looking for. The baby quilt is great with all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that pattern and babies love bright, bold colors and shapes!!! What a great idea.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. When are you teaching your machine quilting class? I'd love to come and attend... What store?

    Cute quilt! Really great for a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Em! Maybe you'll increase the number of projects you'll finish for Finn's NYE challenge??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt! Perfect for a baby, bright and cheerful. You are a terrific sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are on a roll. The baby quilt is really cute. Its something she can keep forever. Don't forget the label.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have one lucky sister (and baby). It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky little one - he/she will treasure your quilt!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Em, I'm just so tickled that my being in need of moral support has turned into such a fun challenge for all of us. I'm just amazed how good it feels to finish up some old stuff, but also how thrilled I am as each of you gals finish something! It's a real naturally green "HIGH"!
    I love, love, love the HST baby quilt idea...what a great quilt for a little one! Keep up the great work and when you hit your number..just keep keeping on!! Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  15. How neat! Good job. Thanks, too, for the nice comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete