Monday, October 6, 2008

Blessed Piecemakers

I've said it before and I will say it again. Quilters are some of the most generous people I know. Look at all these wonderful gifts I have been given recently. This came in the mail today from Karen for my friend Valerie. Karen made this after she learned that Valerie is a breast cancer survivor, on my blog. She asked me to deliver it to her. I will give it to her on Wednesday.
This pin cushion also came today. Yes, it was a happy snail mail day. It was made for me by Teresa. Sorry the picture is so dark. It is an adorable and I will think of her every time I see it in my sewing room. Thank you so much Teresa. This sweet little scissor holder was made for me by my friend, Sue. Isn't it so cute. My DD keeps sneaking it into her room. She loves it so much. I can see I am going to have to make one for her if I am going to keep this little treasure from Sue.
So thanks to all you wonderfully generous quilty friends. My life is richer for having known you.

6 comments:

  1. Those are some very rich gifts indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo... lots of lovelies in the snail mail today! Lucky you! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're lucky for knowing YOU! I love the little scissor holder - very pretty. I extra double love that pin cushion. How cool is THAT?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lucky you!! Dont you just love getting goodies in the mail!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Em,
    Glad you like the little pin cushion. I don't know what has happened to my bloglines account but I have not been receiving updates to your blog and was surprised when I came here today to see you had posted several times that I had not seen. Karen sent me a note about the pincushion and that is how I knew to come and see if you had posted something. I wonder what is going on with bloglines???

    ReplyDelete
  6. That scissors holder is not only cute, it's a great idea! I cam home from a workshop to discover that somehow my good scissors had gotten a nick in the blade. They worked fine at the workshop, so I can only think that it was nicked while transporting it home.

    ReplyDelete