Monday, September 15, 2008

Sweet Times

Had another sweet weekend with my DD. My hubby and boys went to The Dew Tour. It was here in town this weekend, so for Neil's B-day they went. They watched the BMX bikes and the skaters do all kinds of wild tricks. They thought it was all pretty cool. My daughter and I could not attend because of play practice. (We were not that disappointed.) The play will be here soon so are spending a lot of time practicing. We had practices every night last week except Sunday and Monday. We have practice Tuesday. Wednesday is the dress rehersal. Then Thursday and Friday we perform at 7:30 and again on Saturday at 2:00. All performances are at the Bountiful Regional Center so if you are in the area come and see us. We would love to have you. After practice I began teaching my DD to sew. She cut out and then she sat on my lap and I helped her sew this fun cupcake pincushion. She did a great job! We are looking forward to putting it to use as we enjoy many more sewing sessions together.

13 comments:

  1. What a cute little cupcake, and how wonderful that you are teaching your daughter to sew- a skill she will use for the rest of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come see your daughters play! I love plays. More fun than a movie. The cupcake is super cute! So fun that you made it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! It was so nice to find your comment on my blog today and then to go and find you. We definitely share a passion for quilting. Thank you for introducing me to your long list of quilt blogs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute little cupcake. I love to hear about kids learning to enjoy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bonding time:) I have great memories of my grandma teaching me how to sew and to think now of my passion for quilting and then to be so blessed to have her 1st sewing maching which is a featherweight. I couldn't have been more blessed to have that time with her. Enjoy your daughter and wish I could come see the play. I would be her biggest fan in the audience. My prayers will be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Em, your DD made a lovely cupcake cushion.The colours are very pretty and I am sure it will be well used.Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just another way you enhance the lives of those around you.

    What a great Mom you are.

    Mother-Daughter Time builds Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was a pincushion almost identical to that one at the quilt shop I visited today in Richmond Va. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great team work....looks good enough to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mother/daughter sewing is so much fun. the cupcake turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great mother you are...My Nan taught me to sew and i have great memories of that!! Very cute cup cake!! Cathyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet little cupcake. Is it a tuna can on the bottom like the crazy mom quilts tutorial, or is it stuffed all the way down?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cute cupcake!! I love to sew with my DD too. Hope you have many more sewing sessions.

    ReplyDelete