Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sew Cool

Look what I found yesterday. I was browsing the on line classified adds and came across this. It's the same as the one my mom has. I learned to sew on this machine. The add said it had just been tuned up and that it ran great the price said best offer. So I gave my mom a jingle to see what she thought I should offer. She told me what she thought it was worth but suggested I have the sellers give me a price first. Called hubby to see if it was okay. Of course he said yes. So I called the sellers when they said $100. I was thrilled. They said one other person had called on it and the first on to show up with the cash could have it. So I hurried to finish helping DD with her homework and rushed off to pick up this great prize.
Getting this machine is like dejavu. My wedding present from my parents was a Bernina 830. Once again I was thrilled. I danced all over the room. My hubby not so thrilled. But has learned to appreciate the joy and peice of mind this wonderful machine gives me. Probably why he let me get another one. He figures 1- it's cheaper than therapy 2- if mom ain't happy ain't no one happy 3- he's a really great guy and he loves me.

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW that is a find. My mom had this machine too. Its lovely. They don't make it like that anymore. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find and a bargin too! I'm excited for you. Have you taken it for a test spin yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby thinks just like your hubby! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I love the Quiltville aMysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your find! Sometimes the older machines without all the modern doohickies and thingamabobs work so much better. I just love my old New Home machine - sews a great stich and weighs a ton, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting to find a bargain like that. What is even better are the memories and glad hubby supports you:)
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool when we find treasures from our past. Your husband sounds like mine; quilting women and the men that support them, doesn't get much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Oh what total fun. Your DH is a very wise man. :)

    I'm really really happy for you and look forward to hearing how it tests out!

    Test Flight of Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

    ReplyDelete