Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More Bits

We had plans to go swimming yesterday as a family. But Neil fell skateboarding and hurt his wrist on Saturday. It's in a brace, fortunately it is not broken, just a bad sprang. So swimming was out. Our next plan was to go see Indiana Jones at a local theater. It's a theater I have been going to since I was a little girl. It's not fancy like the new theaters but it has a lot of sentimental value. Not to mention my family of six can see a movie and have a drink and popcorn all for under $20. Now that is a value. But when we got to the theater it seems everyone had the same idea. The line stretched around the block. Consequently we were unable to see Indiana Jones. Oh well, we'll go this weekend. Not to be deterred in having a fun family outing we went to Dairy Queen and had ice cream. Yum, Yum!
Afterward while the kids hung out with their friends, I tackled the scrap bin again. I can see the bottom of it now. YEAH! It is so exciting to have all these usable scraps. All the cutting done. (My least favorite part of quilting.) I have so many plans for all these little squares and strips. I can't wait to start sewing.
I forgot to tell you my goals for this week so I will get my six projects done by January. This week I plan to sandwich Happy Trails and make Dutch men's Puzzle blocks for my family reunion quilt. Check in with me to make sure I'm doing what I'm suppose to and give encouragement as needed. Thanks so much! Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on using those scraps!! My pile (as my husband calls it) seems to be growing and I don't have much time to use it. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmy - Dairy Queen. Its so nice to hear you talking about family time together. I am so tired of politics, I could scream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog, come back soon! Harrison Ford vs Dairy Queen? Well, it's a tough choice but at least you'll be able to see the movie this weekend. I'm still recovering from seeing the latest Batman movie The Dark Knight a week ago, lol. I'll bet you'll enjoy the movie. Wow, you set goals for stuff to be completed between now and January? I'm impressed! cheers, QGB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what cheap prices to see a movie at the Theatre for a family...its $12 just for myself to see a movie and that is "cheap Tuesday"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Em, I know you can do it! I got one sandwiched today, and also got binding sewn onto another. Now for the hand part of the binding in the evenings, and machine quilt the top in the daytime...hurray for progress!
    Love the little baskets(and box) of those lovely scraps! Great job on getting them cut up. Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete