Saturday, September 6, 2008

Didn't quite make it- Readjusting

Had a lovely evening with my DD. The boys left earlier than expected so I decided to make this twirly skirt that Joanna had shown on her blog, . It was super easy and DD loves it. We will definitely be making more.
Finn, I might have to count this as one of my six finished projects by January. The Dutchmen's Puzzle blocks are taking longer than expected. I still have at least 10 more to make. It doesn't look like I will be meeting my goals for this week. I did decide on a stop border. I will be using the red that is in the pinwheels. It was a toss up between that and a brown. I didn't have enough brown so the red won. I don't know if I will get the Happy Trails quilt sandwiched and pinned either. I lent the top to my friend. I had finished writing the instructions for her and she wanted to get started on it. She is hoping to get the top done by the time she leaves for Israel in a few weeks.
My garden is calling. I need to pick peppers and tomatoes. I will try to get a bunch of salsa done today. I need to restock my pantry shelves. My boys go through it like it's water. Thank goodness it's healthy. Of course they will be helping. They are good choppers. Have a great day! Em

6 comments:

  1. Cute skirt. Sounds to me like you had a very productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have a daughter you can sew for...the pinwheels look fantastic Em...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely skirt and and i loved other project to..
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the border looks great on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Happy Trails quilt is amazing; I loved looking at all the people in your quilt. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Adorable skirt for your DD, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salsa, yummy, and I think the happy trails quilt is divine. Never done one so intricate.... I don't think. At least not FINISHED one that intricate yet!

    ReplyDelete