Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ta-Daaa

Josh's quilt is done! Yippee!! After many hours of quilting. With Neil and my sweet daughter interupting, needing this and that. I think they are entertained with friends and what not so I sneak away to sew and soon I have company. Neil bounces my chair and wants me to take him to a swimming hole we found last year about 5 miles north of us. DD comes in and wants to know who she can play with now. Sometimes I can distract them. I have a stationary bike in my sewing room and DD likes to stand on one peddle and go up and down. Neil likes to see how fast he can make it go. If I can get them to play on that I can get a few more precious moments of sewing in. And if I am lucky they will play on it for a while forget that they needed me and go find something to do on their own. Josh and Alex work and are not here durring the day to need this and that.

Well except yesterday, Alex came home from work. He had bought two foam pads and wanted me to make a giant pillowcase for them. He was going camping with his friend and was leaving in 2 hours. He is my leave everything to the last minute kid. He can have C's and D's just weeks before the end of the term. We will remind him he will not be driving unless he has a 3.0 grade average. (The car is the ultimate carrot with a teenage boy.) And by the end of the term he will have a 3.0 or higher.
I had about an hour of quilting left on Josh's quilt. I told him if he would take the bread out of the oven and fix his sister lunch so I could finish the quilt. I would make him his giant pillow case. So the quilt got quilted. The bread baked. The daughter fed. The giant pillow case made. And everyone was happy. Ta Da.
Then as Micheal Phelps was breaking world records I bond the quilt. And at last it is done. Yippee. On to the next project.

11 comments:

  1. Oh yum the bread looks so yummy - I think I need to make some today! And I love the idea of the carrot being dangled - too funny. And you know it will work, too! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful set of plaids -- the quilt already looks warm and loved :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.. If you decide to do the brown paper bag book from my post today, be forwarned the painted pages don't take markers very well -- the markers just rub off :-( You can still use crayons and pencils on them, but the bright definate line of a marker seems to be out....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Mou are the ultimate multi-tasker! I wanna be just like you when I grow up, but I don't know how much growing I have left at 43, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember doing multiple things at one time when my kids were little. As I get older I can't do that as well. :) I start one and then another and get totally bumfuzzled and can't remember either! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you make deals :-D

    Love the way that quilt looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! There is just something about quilts with plaids and stars that just look like home to me. Oh, and I can almost smell that fresh baked bread. Gee what more could a family ask for - a nice new comfy quilt and fresh baked bread. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments! I must say you are one smart mom, the way you bargain with your son - good for you! Gorgeous quilt - congrats on finishing it! You make me want to bake bread now - I haven't done it in a very long time. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh's quilt is terrific! I'm nuts about plaid and these are quite subtle and homey looking. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, I've made a couple homespun quilts but have tons left - I'll use some for a string quilt but I like the idea of throwing random blocks in too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First I want to thank you for your compliments on my quilt! And second, I want to tell you that this is my favourite quilt on yur blog so far. This is my first time here, so when I have more time to dig deeper, I may find other favourites. But you have seen my quilt so you'll understand why I love this one.

    ReplyDelete