Monday, August 18, 2008

Planned or Not


Remember the fun fabric I bought last week. I told you I had a plan for it. Well since I finally finished Josh's quilt I thought I would get started on that plan. These are the blocks I got done on Saturday. I am really excited about how it is turning out. Please excuse my design wall. It's something I just sort of threw up on the wall. My dear friend Nancy said she will help me finish this wall with sheet rock and then help me make a really nice design wall. She finished her basement and make a really great design wall using ceiling tiles and batting, but we just haven't got around to it. So in the mean time this piece of batting pinned to the wall has to work. Then merely by accident Neil and I made these swirl beads. My Sculpty clay had got all jumbled together from kids play with it so I was kneading it to get it into usable colors again. Well I got a blister on my thumb from kneading so I started to roll clumps of clay and these cool swirls started to appear. So we took our swirly snakes of clay and cut them into different lengths. Then we took a bamboo skewer and made a hole through the center. We baked them and Neil made a bracelet with his and I made two bookmarks. We had so much fun that today while we are out shopping for back to school we plan to buy more clay.



4 comments:

  1. That's an interesting pattern you are doing with your blocks. I will look forward to seeing how the quilt turns out. Love the beads you made - had not seen bookmarks made with them before and what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment!! Your quilt up on the design wall looks absolutely delightful!! I love the one on Josh's bed also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the quilt. Great colors too. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete