Saturday, August 2, 2008

Piecefull Healing

I call this quilt "Piecefull Healing" It has a story, as does every quilt. I had a particularly trying time last summer. I had dislocated my knee while tubing down the river with the young women from my church. I needed to have surgery but couldn't because of other health issues. Needless to say I was feeling a little bummed. I needed some mindless sewing to cheer me up. I keep a basket of 2 1/2" squares by my sewing machine so I propped up my leg and started sewing. This quilt is the result. I am happy to announce that by the time it was done my health issues were cleared up, the surgery was a success and I was a happy camper once again.

I gave this quilt to my son, Neil. He is my 12 year old. He is very artsy. I use his opinion all the time about what looks good. He is great that way. I didn't take the picture in his room because there was not enough light to get a good picture. He has posters and has painted things on his walls. Here is a sample of his work. As you can see he likes to skate. He's a great kid

3 comments:

  1. I like your scrappy quilt! I have one just like it, sort of, but different colors on my header. That one was a wedding gift for my nephew and his bride. I'm glad your knee is all fixed up too. Blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call making lemonade when life gives you lemons. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I love this quilt. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete