Friday, August 8, 2008

On the 12th Day of......

Last Nov. I was on the committee for my ward Relief Society Christmas Party. If you are wondering what that is. It it the women's orginization in my church. They put me over decorations. So I filled baskets with pinecones, oranges and berry sprays. For center pieces.(Now I'm filling them with the bounties of my garden.)

I decorated a Christmas tree with a garland I'll show you at Christmas time that I made out of scraps. It's in my Christmas stuff so I can't get to it now. Then I hung Christmas quilts on the walls. I gathered them from ladies in my ward. I did not want it to be Em's trunk show, so I just hung one of mine. This one. It is Cottonway's 12 rows of Christmas. http://www.cottonway.com/. As you can see I changed a few rows. Not always good at following instructions.
Well the ladies loved it and wanted to make one of their own. So I agreed to help them. So on the first Thursday of the month we get together to work on them. We try to do at least a row a month. Our goal is to display them at our next Chistmas Party. Haven't these ladies done great work. There are a few of them that have never quilted before. And one that hasn't sewn since Jr. high. It is fun to see how different everyone's quilt is using the same pattern. Sorry they were camera shy and did not want me to show their faces.

6 comments:

  1. I have that 12 rows of Christmas quilt partly made! I started it two years ago to learn to applique, but haven't finished it yet. Maybe this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great - I have been trying to think of a good quilting project for our Relief Society ladies, and now I'm banging my head saying DUH a row quilt! Perfect! Love what your RS ladies have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww, what a great quilt! Amazing! I would love to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea and I know the ladies are enjoying working on their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun activity! All the quilts are super. A great time had by all, I am sure. What is your next project?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I wish I was in your ward, I love these quilts. What a fun thing to do! I can't wait to see the pictures of your Christmas party with all the quilts hung.

    ReplyDelete