Friday, August 22, 2008

My Talented Friends

I went to my quilt guild yesterday. It is the first time I have been able to go all summer. My has this summer been a whirlwind. I love the ladies in my guild. They have taught me so much. Look at their wonderful talent.

This quilt is made up of 4" blocks. You should see the detail. I don't think this picture does it justice. The pieces in the snails trail and log cabin blocks are ity bity. My friend Sue did this. Isn't she amazing. She also made this sweet little thing. It is made from the little half square triangles you cut off when you sew on the line and then trim the leftovers off.
She made this one also. The quilting on this is great. It was done by our friend, The Lovely Joan. On the outside border she quilted fireworks. The flags have rippling lines through the strips. Joan does great work.This one also by Sue took best of show at the Weber County Fair. Way to go Sue!

Look at the fun table runner Laretta made for her neighbor, the farmer. Some bunny is going to be happy.This fun fall quilt was made by Susan. She is a dear friend. I sit by her at guild meeting. I am hoping that some of her outgoing personality will rub off on me. She hopes some of my quiet reserve rubs off on her. So far I don't know if it is working.Susan also made this. It is hand quilted. She is donating it to a local senior center to help raise money. Susan is so very, very generous.

I'll show more of my talented friends work tomarrow. Have a great day! Em

7 comments:

  1. looks like you had great fun catching up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Em, thank you for showing photo's of the quilts. It is always an inspiration to see someone else's work.It is good to get together and have a shared interest.My friend calls me the Rebel quilter LOL. When I was in her group before we moved back to the coast. Robyn and I were always in trouble with the others.We had a lot of fun though.I miss them.As to the Mylar Template Plastic, I am not sure where you would purchase it where you live.I bought mine at our local sewing machine shop that has haberdashery.Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Em,
    Thanks for visiting - I am doing a random read of blogs for my give-away on Monday while having my coffee this morning - fun! I've enjoyed my visit here, thanks, Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing these Em. I love the Show 'N Tell part of our guild meeting. There are so many talented women out there who's quilts don't get to Houston or Paducah so we don't get to see them. I have the pattern to that carrot table runner - it's a cute one! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't show and tell just the best part of any meeting? Love all the treasures you showed, but I think that carrot table runner is just too clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what great pictures - these are giving me some great inspiration!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite things about guilds is Show & Tell -- I love seeing what everyone has done! I saw a pattern for that carrot table runner and have thought it would be really fun to have on the table.

    ReplyDelete