Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hangin' out

I finally got a quilt hung above my stairs. I had taken one down when we started our kitchen remodel. And although our kitchen is not all the way done, we need to do baseboards and put some protective plates on the outlets. But we have a functioning kitchen and are no longer eating take out at the ping pong table. It would have been done but my sweetie decided to go and have his appendix burst. Not a fun experience, don't recommend it. He is doing well now but, between the remodel and hospital bills our savings is pretty much depleted. So I try patiently to wait for my finished kitchen.
The wonderful quilt rack was made by my dear old dad. He call one year just before Christmas to see what I would like. I told him a quilt rack would be nice. An half hour later he called back to ask what kind of quilt rack, one that sits on the floor or hangs on the wall. I told him I wanted one that hangs on the wall. Another half hour goes by and he calls to ask if I would like a shelf on it. Yeah that would be great I told him. An half hour latter I called back and asked if he could put a groove in the shelf so I could display my saucer collection. Then just before Christmas he brought it to me and here is the great thing. He hung it on the wall for me. Isn't he just the best!

6 comments:

  1. Your dad is a sweetie. Enjoy him. I miss mine. What a lovely quilt and a lovely setting. Things could be worse than eating on a ping pong table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is and the rack is beautiful. My dad used to do things like that, but now he is in a nursing home and just dreams of them. Please enjoy your dad and all he means to you in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt rack - and what a treasure to have one that your father made. My dad is gone now but everything I have that was his is special to me. I love your red walls! They are red, aren't they? With my computer I can't be sure! LOL Blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous color that wall is!! The quilt is perfect there. I have a few very useful things that my dad made, and I treasure them, so I know how you must feel having a quilt rack made by your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rack is so wonderful - wish I had my dad close by to make me one! Would yours do the whole rent-a-dad-for-a-day thing?! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your hubby got sick but glad to hear he is doing better now.

    I love the shelf, your dad did a great job! I have a hubby like that, I tell him what I want and a short time later he comes back in from the garage with it. It's great isn't it?

    ReplyDelete