Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family Reunion

Every summer my family goes to Bear Lake. Most years it is just me, my sweetie, and the kids. Every few years my mom and her brothers and sisters.
And their kids. This is me and my hubby
And their kids
And their kids
All get together. And make one joyous ruckus. We camp. We waterski, and play on the beach. We ride motorcycles and ATVs. We talk and laugh and eat and eat.
This year my sister, Becky. (A photographer, this is her web site; http://ravenbergphotography.com/ ) set up a photo booth were we could come and have our pictures taken. Similar to the ones you see in malls where you sit with your friend be silly and it gives you a strip of your photos. As you can see we had a lot of fun with it.
Now you may be wondering what this has to do with quilting. I am not a great picture taker. My poor children often have to go to aunts and grandparents to get pictures of them for school projects. I know shame on me. But if you visit me tomarrow I will show you what my lack of photo taking and this wonderful family reunion have to do with quilting.

5 comments:

  1. A belated WELCOME to blogland! Ahh yes, Bear Lake and ATV 's...takes me right back. I love your scrappy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures and see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog! It's good to "know" another Utah quilter, although I'm more into Crazy Quilting and embroidery. BTW, I lived in Montpelier for 5 years, so I know and love Bear Lake too!!! DH & I went to the Bluebird Inn (B&B) a couple years ago for a long, wonderful weekend. Must go back..... Keep on stitchin'. Hope to "see" you around! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Em,what a special time for you and your family.It will be good warm memories to have. I remember a few years back my parents,brothers, sister and their/our siblings spent a weekend together in the mountains.We all look back on what a wonderful time we had together.Thank You for your comment, look forward to seeing some more of your work. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the best family portraits ever! Love how everyone is having fun and is natural.

    ReplyDelete