Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chillaxin'

After picking, washing, filling two dehydrators and getting apricots ready for 5 batches of jam on Thursday. I did not make the jam. Making jam in 90 degree weather does not appeal to me. I'll wait until January when the snow flies. Then I'll put soup in the crockpot, bread in the oven and while my kitchen is warm and cozy I'll make jam. For now it waits in my freezer.

So yesterday I watched "Nim's Island" a fun, fun family film, with my kids. Did a little quilting and then My sweet daughter and I went to the fabric store. Here is the cheery and vibrant fabric we got. I already have plans for it. Yipee! I can't wait to sew!

4 comments:

  1. When I was in UT last month I stayed at my MIL's and she has 4 apricot trees. So what was one of the last things I did before I came home? Oh yes I made apricot jam!!! I packed those suckers so well in my luggage and am so happy to say that it made it all the way back here to NH safe and sound! So now we are eating yummy jam from Grandma's house in UT :) Makes me smile every time we eat it:)

    BTW I love your fabrics! I bought a couple of the same ones when I was in UT! The honeycomb one - I bought 1.5 yards of it for the border for the blue and red quilt I made, but it just didn't work. Now I'm thinking of making an apron with it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really are pretty fabrics! I don't blame you for putting off making that jam, man on man, has it been hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like so much this "mix" of fabric designs! Really cute! Will love to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics and I am jealous about the apricots. My friend makes the most incredible apricot preserves. I have always wanted to try but I am too chicken LOL

    And thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. I am glad to "Meet" you =0)

    ReplyDelete